2018-07-19

2018.01.21_Vivaldi browser is the true follower of Opera 12

https://forum.vivaldi.net/topic/23229/win-a-trip-to-meet-vivaldi-in-oslo/14

Vivaldi is my browser of choice since the old Opera 12 had been abandoned. I will not talk here about the many things Vivaldi is doing great, after all because of these great features I chose this browser over all the others. Instead I will talk about the ways I customized it to meet the one feature I can't live without:

Dark pages instead of white! Because white pages hurt my eyes so bad! I will never use a browser that cannot change the white background to something less offensive.

Right now, the only Chrome extension I found able to do this with a certain degree of flexibility is Stylish. On it I loaded a style called "Solarized Dark Modified Colors" that I modified once again to meet my needs.
I am well aware that the vast majority of webpages are built with a white background in mind and once this white is replaced with something dark, certain elements become hard to read, but even so, for me the dark background is essential. I believe I am not alone.

Why not integrate a feature in Vivaldi to interfere with the way the webpages are displayed? The "Themes" feature in Vivaldi is great, but why stop at the borders of the browser? What if you will implement something like Stylish, giving users the choice to set their own background color, text color, unvisited links, visited links, title and perhaps some other webpages elements colors? Then give users a quick way to switch between these Themes, in case some elements of webpages become hard to read.

Here are some screenshots of the way I prefer to see the web with Vivaldi:





You did an awesome job with Vivaldi and I hope to see it become the ultimate web browser!

Tyr Antilles

No comments:

Post a Comment