2018-07-19

2018.07.17_Tyr comment for Ryzen 7 2700X vs. Core i7-8700K - TechSpot

https://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ryzen-7-2700x-vs-core-i7-8700k-35-game-benchmark.247606/page-5#post-1693718

AMD Ryzen 2700X for me for the following reasons:

- I do not overclock because I need to keep my computer running in full load for a very long time. I need maximum stability and longevity for my system. I will buy a big aftermarket cooler nevertheless, so, the bundled one have no value for me.
- I am into gaming but my monitor is DELL SE2717H, a 1080p freesync monitor that max out at 75 Hz, and my next video card will be strong enough to drive all games at 60 - 75 fps at this resolution. At 75 fps is almost 0 difference between Intel and AMD. If you are gaming at 1440p or 4k the bottleneck will also be the GPU.
- I do a lot of things with my computer including 3D renderings and video production and encoding. For these tasks that sometimes I run in the same time as games, I prefer to have 8 cores.
- The 720p resolution included in this benchmark for the sake of exposing the CPU's strength in gaming, is totally irelevant in real world because no one game today at 720p.
- All the tests here are made with GeForce GTX 1080 Ti. Seriously, how many can afford such an expensive high-end card? Use a lower tier card and games will quickly become GPU bound, rendering the differences in CPU's totally irellevant.
- Both, Intel and nVidia companies have a way to do business that I personally dislike profoundly. So far, AMD started many open source initiatives like Vulkan, Freesync and others, and because of this I am more likely to support AMD then the other two when the price/quality ratio is about the same. I do not care about corporations fanboys dispute, I know for a fact that all corporations including AMD have only one rule: profit at all costs, even with the price of destroying the world, is just that AMD managed to look more friendly and fair in my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment